Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blogger by Accident

My attempts at blogging have not been very successful. I have not yet fathomed the intricacies of creating a blog account. So when I opened a Google email account I only wanted another address for my burgeoning emails. I tried sending a few emails to myself to be sure it worked. It is slightly different but otherwise I was able to open my mail. So the only thing to do is to write to my loved ones using GMail.

Today I thought of visiting Blogger again to have another go at it. I know that social networks constantly revise their systems. Imagine my surprise when I tried to open a Blogger account and my email address showed up!

I wrote my username and was dumbfounded--no password? I was asked to write my first blog. Not prepared for this, I just copied a paragraph or two from Major Dick Winters memoir, Beyond Band of Brothers. A blogger has summarized Major Winters principles of leaders, and I added it to the paragraph I had typed. That usually leads to trouble. So I published my first blog. The blog showed up without any problem.

What is happening? I went back to the Blogger site and found the answer. A Google account simplifies everything for the user of Blogger. No passwords. No crooked letters to decipher. No need to clean up hidden characters.

Google has taken the mechanics from blogging so I can concentrate on writing down my thoughts.

To all the Google people out there, thanks a million!

No comments:

Post a Comment